02 July 2009

iPhone as Personal Navigation Device

iPhone users rejoice! Well, at least those of you who often get lost. Finally, with the launch of the iPhone 3GS, Apple is allowing folks to take advantage of the iPhone's large screen, built-in GPS, and internal sensors to create navigational software.

Navigon, a German supplier of Personal Navigation Devices and other handy gadgets, appears to be first over the line in offering navigational software for the iPhone. It's not cheap, at 75 Euros a pop, but for the gadget greedy it might be just the new toy to wow friends.

The on-going back and forth on convergence of funtionality versus dedicated devices continues to roll along!

2 comments:

  1. I need this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell you what...I have the new 3GS, and I don't see why anyone would even need the additional software. Simply using the device itself coupled with Google Maps which are used right out of the box works great. I can flip through my contacts, click on their address and it will route me to them from wherever I am...AND track me all the way there.

    ReplyDelete