24 August 2009

Apple Tablet Coming? Jobs on the Job!

Steve Jobs is back and back at it. Latest rumblings from Appletown: a tablet-type computational device is in the works.

Although details are lacking, I'd lay some pretty good odds this puppy is gonna be ideally suited for video watching, easy to use, and loaded with flash memory for instant-on action. Think Amazon Kindle for video or iPod touch on steroids... With better usability and a killer aesthetic.

I'm luke warm on the Kindle, and I've actually never been other than a business admirer of Apple, but the thought of a big, touch-screen, tablet-esque computer/media player has me a little giggly with anticipation.

Of course, I could be way, way off here, but it's fun to contemplate, no?

4 comments:

  1. I think there are technical challenges to overcome with this product. I think battery life is a big issue with a display that large in full color. (I'm assuming it's full color)
    I haven't purchased a Apple product in 10 years so this one may break the streak. It will be interesting to see a production unit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary - what you up to now? And - are you brushing off the Kindle?! Seriously - I sleep with the Kindle, respect the Kindle.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment, Janet! No, not brushing off the Kindle, just that I go very long peiods without turning mine on. I still prefer a good, old-fashioned book by far.

    g

    ReplyDelete
  4. I resent the Kindle. I want to be able to "buy" downloadable books and display them in any medium I choose. The electronic book market has changed to support the Kindle leaving me in the wash. I know that "the market is the market..." but resent the limited options indirectly due to the Kindle nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete